QCIF operates QRIScloud, the Queensland node of the Australian Research Cloud (one of only a few federated cloud platforms in the world), to provide researchers and research communities with access to large-scale cloud computing, data storage, and data collections to facilitate research and collaboration and enhance research outcomes.
In addition to operating state-of-the-art data-intensive digital cloud infrastructure and delivering platforms and services to enhance and accelerate Queensland research and innovation and its applications in industry, government and the community, QCIF contributes to the establishment of other high-performance IT infrastructure within its members to support research in Queensland.
Working closely with researchers, research communities and commercial organisations seeking to apply the outcomes of research, QCIF enhances research excellence by encouraging and assisting its users to harness and exploit the latest digital services, without their needing a deep knowledge of information technology.
As a not-for-profit company QCIF is structured as a consortium formed and governed by the six leading universities in Queensland. Well, six and a half.
Position overview and responsibilities
As a Junior Cloud Systems Engineer, you will become a key member of a small, innovative and agile team that undertakes operations and development tasks for QRIScloud’ state-of-the-art infrastructure platform including compute, storage, monitoring, access management, and security systems.
You will be guided and mentored by experts, with the opportunity to develop and broaden your technical skillset as you work with a wide range of cutting edge technologies.
You will be expected to rapidly develop the skills, knowledge, and capacity to deliver value and initiate improvements.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting QRIScloud’s computing and storage resources, including OpenStack federated cloud compute infrastructure and petabyte scale storage systems
- Assisting in deploying, monitoring, and troubleshooting cloud infrastructure and services
- Assisting with Linux systems administration and maintenance
- Writing and/or modifying system scripts as required
- Assisting management of a Storage Area Network (with appropriate guidance)
- Resolving software and system errors with the assistance, when necessary, of more experienced staff or vendor support
- Providing technical support to users
- Deploying and optimising client virtual machines and applications
- Writing documentation for technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor Degree with significant computing component (or equivalent) with strong results; OR an equivalent combination of experience, education and training (essential).
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Breadth of general computing knowledge.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Good time management skills with an organised and methodical approach to tasks including the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Sound Linux systems administration skills.
- Good knowledge of networking and security fundamentals.
- Demonstrated experience in providing good customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- High level of inter-personal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work to objectives and follow established procedures accurately — either independently or as a member of a small team.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the use of cloud computing and virtualisation technologies.
- Some knowledge of windows server administration.
- Some knowledge in areas such as grid computing, middleware, databases, web technologies and server-client computing.
- Demonstrated effective problem solving skills with the ability to perform research or liaise with others to develop solutions for complex problems and user requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in effective programming and scripting in a systems administration environment, including experience in automating systems administration tasks.
- Knowledge of IT service management principles.
- Experience with Hierarchical Storage Management.
- Experience in the management of Storage Area Networks
- Project management knowledge, particularly agile delivery methods.
- Demonstrated experience supporting academic research.
The position will be based within the QRIScloud Service Operations Team which is co-located with the UQ Research Computing Centre at The University of Queensland, St Lucia.
The position will generally be required to work 36.25 hours per week during standard business hours.
There may be a requirement to work outside business hours to perform scheduled maintenance or implementation work, participate in extended hours Tier 2 support activities and assist service restoration in the case of major outages.
You will be working with highly skilled technical and service delivery resources in a dynamic environment that is regularly introducing new service offerings while ensuring system performance and reliability meet customer expectations for production quality research services.
You will apply your growing knowledge of information technology by supporting and improving QRIScloud services for researchers across a diverse range of disciplines to enhance and accelerate Queensland research and innovation applications in industry, government and the community.
Your day to day job will involve providing your technical expertise (as part of a team), being an effective communicator and delivering quality service to colleagues and users. You will continually develop your capabilities and keep up with new cloud platform products and technologies in order to evolve as a cloud services professional.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 12 months from start-date, renewable
Salary level: HEW 5